Do not let life and time just pass you by.
- You never know how long you or those you love have on this earth. So, if you feel like reaching out to someone, do not wait. If you think you have not spoken to someone for a while, then reach out. There is no harm in trying to contact someone. You never know what you have until it is gone, so do not delay what you can do right now.
Asking for help does not make you weak.
- It means you are strong enough to admit that you need some assistance. If you really need help and support, do not be ashamed to ask for it. Yes, you can try and do things on your own, but that does not mean you need to carry the weight of the world on your shoulders all the time.
Life will not always seem bad.
- Even in the darkest of times, you must hold on to hope. Remember that you deserve to feel good and happy again. Sometimes, it may just take a little bit longer to feel that way again. Think about it – to get to the point you are at now, you have overcome other dark times that you may not have thought you would. So, why should your current tough period be any different?
Not everyone needs to know what is going on in your life.
- You only need to share what you are comfortable with, and whatever it is should be shared with those you feel comfortable with. Yes, some people may get offended, annoyed (or however they feel) if you take this approach, but at the end of the day, you should be living your life in the way you want to. So, if you do not want to tell them about your personal relationships, career, etc. then you do not have to. You do not owe anyone your private information.
It is okay to let people go.
- As hard as it may be, you have to understand that not everyone will be in your life forever. Sometimes they will make that choice on your behalf, and sometimes you will make the choice for yourself. People outgrow each other, and sometimes our paths in life no longer travel along the same route, but regardless that is okay. Relationships require energy and effort on all parts, but you should not force the continuation of them if they do not make you feel good. Better yet, if you do not feel like you can be your authentic self around them, or it is not satisfying your needs, then let it go.
Putting yourself first is not always selfish.
- You have to take care of yourself and you should want to. I am sure you spend a lot of your day focusing on multiple other people and things, so why not allocate some time each day just for you. Check in with yourself to see how you are really doing. Do something to put a smile on your face. Tell yourself positive things. Do something you truly enjoy. Make time to relax, reset, and unwind. (You know you need to).