So, you aren’t in a relationship and you aren’t dating anyone… that is okay!
All you need for Valentine’s day is someone to love: why can’t that be you?
It makes sense to get to know and love yourself before being with another person, right? You should be in a committed, long-term relationship with yourself, before getting involved with someone else.
Here are some ways to treat yourself like the Valentine you deserve…
- Go to the restaurant you have dying to go to. (They may not have space for two or more people, but they probably will for one.)
- Buy your favourite snacks and drinks and go to the cinema/movies. (The best part is that no one will ruin the film by constantly trying to talk to you and you get all the snacks for yourself.)
- If you like to cook, try a new recipe. (You might surprise yourself and love it. On the other hand, if it tastes awful, no one needs to know.)
- Meet up with some old friends. (Most likely, you aren’t the only one who has no plans.)
- Take time to unwind and relax. (Do whatever helps you release stress and stop focusing on negative things.)
Whatever you decide to do, just know that you are beautiful, you are smart, and you are loved.